Sunday, February 12, 2012

One-Stop Shop for Federal Loan Programs

Yes, we know that government loans don't give our regular readers the tingle up their leg that GRANTS do, but don't sell them short.  The governent may give you loans at a favorable rate, or guarantee a loan and make private lenders more willing to lend money.  And for students and former students, there's always the possibility of loan foregivenss.  So where do you find out about these things?

The feds have created a one-stop stop page that can lead you to federal loan programs for homeowners and buyers, farmers, business people, students, veterans, and disaster victims.  This is strictly federal,, and gives no information about, for instance, loan programs by states or localities.  But it has some interesting stuff.  For one thing, it has not only student loan programs, but loan forgiveness programs, like a student loan repayment programs for people doing research in AIDS for at least two years, or loan consolidation programs, and more.

They also have info on local funders who receive federal funds to provide business microloans (intermediaries).  And sometimes...they even have a grant in there, if the program is basically a loan. For instance, there's a loan from the Ag Department for low-income rural dwellers to fix up their house.  But for homeowners who are low-income and 62 or over, it becames a grant. 

And don't miss the "other resources" page. It's got tips on improving your credit, so that you  can get loans,  what information businesses should put in a loan application, how to find out if your business fits the definition of "small".  And tons more.    

1 comment:

Bryan Roland said...



HOW I GOT A LOAN BY BRYAN ROLAND

I’m Bryan Roland by name, i want to use this medium to alert all loan seekers to be very careful because there are scam everywhere, Few months ago I was financially strained, and due to my desperation I was scammed by several online lenders.

I had almost lost hope until a friend of mine referred me to a very reliable lender called Mr Stephen Williams ( A God fearing man) who lend me a loan of 145,000 Euro under 72 working hours without any stress. I explain to the company by mail and all they told me was to cry no more because i will get my loan from this company and also i have made the right choice of contacting them i filled the loan application form and proceeded with all that was requested of me and to my shock I was given the loan.

If you are in need of any kind of loan just contact him now via: stephenswillsloan@gmail.com

I‘m using this medium to alert all loan seekers because of the hell I passed through in the hands of those fraudulent lenders.

Thanks you STEPHEN WILLIAMS Loan FIRM for your help