Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Help With Property Taxes in Columbus, Ohio and Detroit

I've written before about breaks and assistance that you can get for property taxes, particularly in Ohio and Michigan. If you are in Franklin County, Ohio, there may be more help.  The Senior Citizen Property Tax Assistance Program, and endowment of the Columbus Foundation, offers property tax assistance to low-income seniors (60 years or more old), or the disabled.  For more information, call Senior Options at (614) 525-6200.

In Detroit Abayomi Community Development Corporation has assistance for homeowners who have trouble with property taxes.  See their website or call 313 541-9828 for more details. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Normally, cities give discounts to early payers. For example, if you plan to pay for the whole due for the following year, you can pay as early as November-december of the current year so you'll get a discount. This does not hold for all cities - so visit your municipal hall to make sure. visit property records