Monday, December 12, 2011

More Unclaimed Funds on the County Level

In our wide hunt for unclaimed funds we presented a post that showed how to find the state  and federal unclaimed funds.  But did that fill the bill?  No. Because we found a whole new source. 

Besides money that you may be owed by a federal agency, state agency or which you might merely have innocently abandoned from a bank account or insurance claim, county government can apparently owe you money.  According to an article in the Toledo Blade, the Lucas County auditor now has an unclaimed funds website where you can search for monies owed from jury duty, court settlements, restitution, and from the county itself.  You can then apply for the money.  You need the form (and if you can't print one off the website, you can call 419-213-4406 and have them mail you a form.  Anyone who does not have access to a computer can call the same number and get help in searching for their claim. 

If you live elsewhere, it might be worth your while to see if your local county auditor has an unclaimed funds office for the same information.

1 comment:

Marie Harley said...

I'm missing few document from psfs bank location 5213 south 52 St Philadelphia PA 19139 yrs 1989.
Any suggestions.