Sunday, April 21, 2013

Where to Get Vaccine Coverage if You're a Grownup

For children without insurance, the feds have programs to help fill the vaccination gap.  But what about grownups?  The new health care law helps some insured adults and children; health care plans will be required to cover several child and adult vaccinations.  And Medicare covers all or part of the cost of vaccinations for flu, pneumonia and hepatitis B for its over-65 recipients. 

The drug manufacturer Merck also has a program to provide certain vaccines to uninsured adults (19 or older) who live in the United States and have restricted incomes.  The vaccines include the one for HPV (a virus responsible for cervical cancer), pneumonia, hepatitis B, and others.  See this page for more information on how to apply.

No comments: