Thursday, January 12, 2012

Helping Veterans Find Unclaimed Funds

We have a post with all sorts of good stuff on finding unclaimed money the state, federal, and local government owes to you.  But there's other little odds and ends out there we never knew about.   

Did you know, for example, that there  have been savings bonds for service members as compensation for accumulated but unsused military leave, as well as Adjusted Service Bonds?  Go to the bottom of the page, and find a form to apply for these bonds if they are owed to you.

There's also a way to search for unclaimed Servicemember's Group Life Insurance (SGLI) or Veterans's Group Life Insurance (VGLI). They can contact the Office of Servicemember's Group Life Insurance at (800) 419-1473 or see more at this website for VGLI and SGLI.  There is also a Veteran's Unclaimed Insurance Funds database, which includes death awards, dividend checks and premium refunds owed to missing current and former policyholders or beneficiaries from other veterans' and servicemen's life insurance, and it can be searched here.

No comments: